Sunday, July 29, 2007

Lock 'n Load

Hi everyone,

Well, its been 2 weeks in, and I love it! Hillsong is one of the greatest blessings to have experienced this far and I keep looking into what's to come and get more and more excited as time flies. I'm volunteering now at a few venues at church, but one team that I'm participating in is called "Lock 'n Load." Apparently this team is one of Hillsong's signature teams that people want to work in, and I some how got in on the deal and am pretty pumped about the situation. Lock 'n Load is a group of 30 some guys that gets access to all the cool places around, underneath, and overhead the main staging base where all the action takes place. As a team, we re-arrange the stage in any way necessary, and set the atmosphere for all church services at any given time through the weekend. Today I had my first day with the crew, and I got to work overhead and move an entire back drop of the stage with about 8 other guys in 5 minutes, and it was pretty intense. Our goal as a team is to efficiently change the stage in any way needed within a small amount of time between services. So we are challenged as a team, and we work together to accomplish what we need.

The other half of College life was experiencing brand new and absolutely amazing classes, I finally got a taste of each class now. I love it all, and the direction and passion that comes from our teachers are incredible. I find myself growing at a rapid pace, and I can't wait for the great things to come through this time in training.

Also as a note to all friends and family, keep praying for me out here, I know that my success as a student here is due to the great encouragement from even greater friends and loving family back home, and prayers to support the "bigger picture" in my life. So I'm thanking all those ahead of time for being faithful to my request, and know that I am only human. God's great plans in my life are already at work, and encouragement and support is great fuel to a passionate fire that grows in faith.

Thank you, and Love you all.

No comments: