Monday, July 16, 2007

3 Days in

Hi everyone,

Ok wow!

I'm finally in Sydney, I've actually been here for three days now, and my place is so cool. I live with 5 other house-mates, 3 from the U.S., 1 from Zimbabwe, and another from Guatemala. We're all settled in, we have a fridge, some lawn furniture for our kitchen (temporarily), all the bathroom goods, dish washer, phone line, cell phones, and we're currently working on wireless net access, and a washer and dryer.

I've checked out three different Hillsong church services since I've been here and all of them are amazing, passionate, and memorable. The first time I was at Hillsong was an event called Power House for 18 - 25 years young to hang out, and its a great atmosphere. Lots of new students showed up, and most of us got to meet one another (briefly). The second service I checked out was a standard Sunday morning service where the message was great. It totally feels like a home service back in Steinbach or something similar to Springs in Winnipeg. The third service was one of my favorites, it was a Sunday night event and almost all people there were young adults and some middle age adults, but it was in the city near the Opera House and the Bridge. So my room-mate and I, and 2 other students across the street, and our accommodating friend named Ben, drove out to a train station, and hooked up in the city, and had a blast. We checked out a local restaurant with great food, had a ton of laughs, and made it a late night. Since I've got here, I've been sleeping at 9:00pm and waking up with out an alarm at 7:00am its crazy how good it feels to wake up with out an alarm, but the night is so young.

The food here is pretty good, lots of Americans think its expensive, but I think the prices here are similar to Canadians, and I've been doing my best to shop cheaper than normal. I just can't wait to start classes so that I can meet more students that I'll be sharing classes with. Everything here in Sydney is great, people that mentioned anything about Sydney was positive, and everyone was right.

Well I'm running out of internet time here at the Library, I've gotta go login a new password to keep my minutes up, and I'll post again when college has started.

A general message to all friends and family, I totally miss you all and love you all lots, but I am doing great out here, and can't wait to see some visitors out here if people are willing. Let others know about this update on my site, and keep the community back home informed please & thanks.

OH, if anyone wants to send me an e-mail, I'm allowing it to go public. You can contact me at PRoss02@gmail.com

I may not reply right away, thanks to the availability of net access being pretty low out here, but I'll do my best to get back to as many of you as possible.

Also, I want to get my videos uploaded on here, but I have a feeling that will take some time, once I can get wireless at home I'll get my vids up for everyone to see me again, and check on my well being.

Later.

No comments: