Friday, August 24, 2007

Pancakes

The latest craze...

Something really interesting has happened in the past week or so, and it's thanks to pancakes. I've been asking my parents for sometime, maybe three weeks ago, for the recipe of pancakes that Dad normally makes for breakfast. I already know that Dad's signature pancakes are incredible, but I did not expect the following reaction from my house-mates and our neighbors. It started off with trying them out, and people who did try them were lining up for round two. I'm kinda thinking to myself... "OK, cool." After that night (maybe two weeks ago) my house mates have been asking when the next time we'll have pancakes would be. So after the house-mates have given approval on the deal, I thought it would be nice to make a larger batch for the neighbors to try them out. So one Sunday night we gather almost all the neighbors in our house, and host a pancake night while everyone socializes and mingles. In the end at least one person had a pancake to try, and they've given the approval of loving them too. So, where does this leave me now?

Here's the deal, since I've made those pancakes, I've now been known and almost labeled for them. All our neighbors ask whens the next time I'm gonna make pancakes, or hey you should come by our place and make some pancakes. What's even crazier than this, my house-mates have become obsessed with them. I know they're good, I mean I grew up with them, and Dad's the man for knowing how to make them, and teaching me, but now... At any random time, the entire house has gotten cravings for pancakes. So I find myself making them at 2:00am in the morning on our pre-days off, or at supper time, or even lunch. I don't mind making them, but I can kinda see where the demand is starting to become big, I mean REALLY big. To me, that's cool and I enjoy the sincerity of people wanting them and telling me they love them, but wow... I never saw this one coming.

So thanks Dad for the recipe, it turned out bigger and better than I could have imagined. I'm thinking now if anyone else has recipes of great foods and food ideas that they don't mind sharing, please send me an email. I now have an entire army of taste testers to give approval from around the world.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Thats Funny- soon enough you will be known as the pancake guy.
Okay, if your pancakes are that good- then you gotta send me the recipe. I have never liked pancakes from the box- but I am open to trying something good.

BTW, I love reading your updates!!
Take care!

c said...

Mate, you could extend it... to pancake evangelism!

Anonymous said...

uhh try cookin up a vat of shmodfaut it's a killer lol