Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Season's greetings to all, and may the best wishes of the New Year come true.

I'm excited to have experienced Christmas over-seas in Australia, but I will admit, it has been an interesting Christmas to experience without the usual friends and loving family that I would have shared it with from those back home in Canada. My love and best wishes go out to all of you back home, and to enjoy the holidays, to grow closer to each other during this festive and Joyous time of year. All the children are getting ready to open gifts soon, and the parents anticipate the lit up faces they'll have in the morning. The snow outside must be quite the blessing to be comforted by the warm fires inside and the welcoming hearts of family as they dine together in fellowship of Christ's birth. Wow, I really miss home right now. That's OK, I'll have plenty of Christmases again in my future when I return in many years from now. All the more to appreciate them for when I return.

Well, my day ahead of me will be spending Christmas dinner at one of the College leader's house, with several students that have stayed here in Australia over the break. Though we miss our families back home, we have made our own culture of family over the Christmas season, of friends from all over the world. Many with different traditions to others, and different experiences and stories to tell from previous Christmas events from growing up.

I'm not sure if many people back home knew this, but for the past four days I've come down with a bit of a soar throat and a cold that has congested my chest. Its not exactly the best time to have a cold, while it is after all summer here in Australia, but in some cases it was almost needed for me to slow down. I did have the chance to participate in the Hillsong 2007 Christmas Spectacular with mic setups, but as for the last few shows, I couldn't help out, due to bed ridden sickness. It was most unfortunate, but the rest was well worth it. As of right now, I'm feeling much better, and hoping the sickness will have been fully healed by tomorrow morning, and will prepare for the next few days of potential work and preparation for a trip.

I've been offered a trip to visit Brisbane Australia, driving Pastor Phil Dooley's car through the Gold Coast, to drop his car off at the Brisbane Airport, and visit another College friend from Hillsong who lives there. So if you haven't noticed, my videos and photos have been very low recently, but soon that will all change, for another adventure is in the making for everyone back home to see. The trip will be completely covered from basically the hand of God blessing me with favor. Its an interesting story, but I'll fill in the details if anyone would like to ask.

So for now, I'm off to the Christmas dinner and wish all a Merry Christmas again, and be a great blessing to all you meet over these joyful holidays.

No comments: